Re: Not sure what I am doing wrongly

I'm having quite same same Issue, as of the latest nvidia-current upgrade, all my Intel 3D acceleration stopped working. My Xorg.0.log revealed that X tries to load nvidia's glx-module for the Intel card (and fails of course)

   [  1615.314] (II) LoadModule: "glx"
   [  1615.314] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/extra-modules/libglx.so
   [  1615.324] (II) Module glx: vendor="NVIDIA Corporation"
   [  1615.324]     compiled for 4.0.2, module version = 1.0.0
   [  1615.324]     Module class: X.Org Server Extension
   [  1615.324] (II) NVIDIA GLX Module  280.04  Fri Jun 24 10:45:10 PDT
   2011
   [  1615.325] (II) Loading extension GLX

   [  1615.444] (EE) Failed to initialize GLX extension (Compatible
   NVIDIA X driver not found)

During the configuration of bumblebee it gives me 2 errors:

   update-alternatives: Fehler: Alternative
   /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/mesa/ld.so.conf für
   x86_64-linux-gnu_gl_conf ist nicht registriert, wird nicht gesetzt.

   update-alternatives: Fehler: Alternative
   /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/mesa/ld.so.conf für i386-linux-gnu_gl_conf
   ist nicht registriert, wird nicht gesetzt.

(roughly translated: "update-alternatives: Error: Alternative /usr/lib/... for x86_64-linux... has not been registered, will not be set."; sorry for the German OS) So it looks like the current nvidia driver changed the alternatives-links and therefore prevents bumblebee from setting the default libraries to the mesa ones.

Christian