Re: Is any of you interested to investigate with me the dual head for DELL XPS 17?

I think it may be that your intel drivers aren't playing well with the
HDMI+External monitor combination. Can you submit a bug report against
xorg? In a terminal, type:

apport-bug xorg

(Type 'Yes' if you are asked about Natty updates in the window)

Then type a description to the appearing launchpad page in your browser.

You probably won't be able to do this while the screen is connected,
but most useful information will be there.

Once submitted, please reply to this email in the
hybrid-graphics-linux mailing list with the launchpad bug id,
something like:

http://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/829981

Cheers