Re: Hello, from new user with ThinkPad E520 (1143CTO)

Hello again. Today I found time to play around with my graphic cards
again. I successfully installed acpi_call. It turned out, that the git
URL for cloning the acpi_call repo was wrong. Now I've used
https://github.com/mkottman/acpi_call.git whereas on the
linux-hybrid-graphics blog the URL
git@xxxxxxxxxx:mkottman/acpi_call.git is given. Does the latter work
for anyone else? If not, this should be changed.

Anyway, now switching off the AMD graphic seems to work well.
Btw, how can I give arguments to acpi_call (for example to set the
voltage levels)? And is there a possibility to query the settings made
by acpi_call?

Are there any articles that explain what happens when the xserver is
started and loads a driver? I really would like to know more about
this.

Thanks, Stefan