Blender (Rendering) Performance on Optimus enabled laptop in Linux

Hi,

I am an undergraduate student and I'm going to have some work in
Blender 3D. I'm considering to buy a new laptop so that Blender can
run optimally. And I think it's gonna be Asus N43SL with Core i5 and
Nvidia GT540M (Optimus enabled).

I have searched around the web to find whether anybody has succesfully
switched off/on the Nvidia GT540M and run Blender 3D (and done some
rendering) on the Nvidia, but have not found anyone yet.

Has anybody here tried? Any input is welcomed.

Adi P Ginting

Follow ups