Re: Questions about a new laptop purchase

1. vga_switcheroo will most probably not work (it works only for computer with hardware mux). So that by default you're stuck on the intel card.

2. No, because it is not really relevant. At least there is a lists of known ACPI calls.

3. Correct, but far from what is possible. We're working on improving this, but we lack time to develop.

4. Yes, but none of them are still for sale AFAIK.

5. Any Core iX (except professional i3) combined with a nvidia chipset means Optimus. And I would rather buy a 2nd gen iX (2xxx) than a first gen one, improvements made by Intel are huge.