nvidia driver update allegedly fixing bug to load driver on systems with integrated graphics

Copy+Pasting question on askubuntu.com, I would like to know if anyone
has looked into the
newest nvidia drivers and if there is any hybrid graphics benefit from updating:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/82028/nvidia-amd64-driver-update-290-10-certified-impact-on-optimus-systems-and-bumb

Before installing Bumblebee, many users with optimus enabled systems,
when they install the nvidia driver, this latter get on conflict with
the integrated graphics driver and then remains inactive. One gets a
black or blank screen when booting....

yesterday, Nvidia updated their driver (nvidia-current) to version
290.10 Certified that fixed many bugs and regressions for amd64
systems, and amongst them :

    Fixed a bug that prevented the driver from loading on some systems
with integrated graphics.

Does it mean that now even though we do not install Bumblebee, if we
install this update separately, we would be able to use the nvidia
card ? Does it mean the nvidia card would be on boot recognized by X?
A xinerama scenarion would be possible with an external monitor
through the HDMI port connected by default on many systems to the
nvidia card?

Thanks for your hints or answers See:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux-display-amd64-290.10-driver.html

Follow ups