Re: Replace i5 with i7, will this have an effect on Optimus?

Defiantly, this will unfortunately not an option for everyone. I'd suggest
digging around in Google to see whether other users with your model laptop
have taken to opening theirs up to swap out the CPU. For me the following
thread has been a wealth of knowledge in regards to all kinds of 'mods'
people are doing to the Dell XPS L401X:
http://forum.notebookreview.com/dell-xps-studio-xps/531042-dell-xps-14-l401x-thread.html