Re: bbswitch and bumblebeed

Hello,

bbswitch has been tested by some people now, all of them reporting succes.
Previously
it was stored in my acpi-stuff repo, but it has been moved to
https://github.com/Bumblebee-Project/bbswitch to match the acpi_call
repository.

It already has excellent integration with the next version of Bumblebee
(3), codenamed
"Tumbleweed" (because the current repo is called "bumblebeed", referring to
the model
of the application (daemon/server <-> client). It should be ready within
two weeks.
The repository is currently at
https://github.com/Bumblebee-Project/bumblebeed, but it
might be moved into https://github.com/Bumblebee-Project/Bumblebee to avoid
further
confusion in the Linux Hybrid Graphics community.

When the final parts are ready, we'll send a mail to this mailing list as
well announce it
on Twitter (@Bumblebee_Team). Related issue:
https://github.com/Bumblebee-Project/bumblebeed/issues/15

Back to the bbswitch module, it deprecates the acpi_call module for PM
purposes
because incorrect calls may break the machine. Related articles:

-
https://github.com/Bumblebee-Project/Bumblebee/wiki/Comparison-of-PM-methods
- https://github.com/Bumblebee-Project/Bumblebee/wiki/ACPI-for-Developers

Feel free to join #bumblebee-dev or #bumblebee on Freenode IRC for the
current state
of work or quick questions.

Regards,
Lekensteyn