Re: bbswitch and bumblebeed

On 01/03/2012 01:48 PM, Albert Vilella wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is bbswitch and bumblebeed ready for testing and reporting back to the list?
>
> Given bbswitch would put the bumblebee/bbswitch combo basically on par
> with ironhide, I would update the
> http://launchpad.net/~hybrid-graphics-linux info for testers...
>
> Cheers

The question that comes to mind, really, is why do both projects exist
at the same time? Such a specific feature-set, so recent and so filled
with (HW/ACPI) documentation gaps.

Isn't this a good example where dispersing resources is really bad?

On a personal note, I currently use IronHide on Oneiric and previously
used Bumblebee on Natty, which one should I be using? LENOVO T520
(4243RT8) with Nvidia NVS4200M + i915.

Thanks in advance,
Nuno