Discrete-Power-Off on Acer Travelmate 8472TG doesn't work

Hello!

I'm trying to get some more battery time by deactivating the discrete
graphics card. Maybe someone can give me a hint ...

I tried the acpi_call power off method from
http://hybrid-graphics-linux.tuxfamily.org/index.php?title=ACPI_calls
for my laptop. I can't see any increase of battery time.

Using archlinux, acpi_call-git:

# sudo dmidecode -s system-product-name && sudo dmidecode -s system-version
TravelMate8472TG
Not Applicable

# lspci -vnn | grep '\''[030[02]\]'
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation Core
Processor Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:0046] (rev 18) (prog-if
00 [VGA controller])
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: nVidia Corporation GT216
[GeForce GT 330M] [10de:0a29] (rev a2) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])

# sudo test_off.sh
Trying \_SB.PCI0.P0P1.VGA._OFF: failed
Trying \_SB.PCI0.P0P2.VGA._OFF: failed
Trying \_SB_.PCI0.OVGA.ATPX: failed
Trying \_SB_.PCI0.OVGA.XTPX: failed
Trying \_SB.PCI0.P0P3.PEGP._OFF: failed
Trying \_SB.PCI0.P0P2.PEGP._OFF: works!

This fits to the report on the wiki page. GNOME reports no difference
in battery time.

Is there something wrong in the report on the wiki page? - Or did I
miss something? Should I check the battery time in a different way?

Help is greatly appreciated!

Florian

Follow ups