bbswitch and powertop

Hi all,

I just tested bbswitch on my laptop, together with powertop to make
sure I get an improvement in battery life from it.
After running the cleanup script for bumblebee and following the
README.md instructions from bbswitch, I installed
powertop with the package manager, unplugged my laptop from the mains,
executed powertop, and I was using about
20-21W. Then, as root, I issued the OFF command:

# tee /proc/acpi/bbswitch <<<OFF

And watched the powertop battery report hovering around 15W:

The battery reports a discharge rate of 13.9 W
The battery reports a discharge rate of 14.9 W

As far as I can know, this is the most effective way for me to check
the battery usage before and after switching off
the discrete nvidia graphics card.

Cheers,

Albert.