Re: switch card on at boot

On 02/02/2012 03:18 PM, Lekensteyn wrote:
Hi Christine,

Nice anecdote :) Can you confirm that bbswitch functions properly? I.e. does
writing ON/OFF enable/disable the card?
I can switch it ON, but I can't seem to switch it OFF. At one time, I saw a message that an nvidia driver is using it.

Why would you want to enable the video card on boot? You can't use it
anyway (unless your BIOS allows for it). See also the question on support of
Optimus technology: http://askubuntu.com/q/36930/6969

I hadn't seen that. Seems like I should just forget about the nvidia card?

Peter