Reporting on lack of HDMI functionality

Hi there

I installed Bumblebee on my new work system and it seems to be working
well, except that I am not able to use the HDMI port. I think this may
be because the HDMI is connected to the dedicated graphics card
directly, as per the description of the problem here - http://linux-
hybrid-graphics.blogspot.com/2011/08/problems-with-hdmi-in-hybrid-
graphics.html.

I followed the bug report suggestions and put a bug report up which can
be accessed here -

    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg/+bug/926264

As lovely as bumblebee is, I'm afraid that I'm going to have to
sacrifice the battery life and switch back to the NVIDIA drivers
directly. I have a magnificent monitor here at work that I can't take
full advantage of without using HDMI. I really hope to see this issue
resolved though so that I can continue to use bumblebee, so let me know
if there is any testing that I can do with my system.

Best Wishes and Thanks

Christopher Small
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
Programmer and Systems Analyst