Re: it works

On 02/05/2012 04:52 PM, Lekensteyn wrote:
Hi Christine,

The versions which are now in the repositories do not properly restore the alternatives path which cause the proprietary drivers (fglrx and nvidia-current) to fail on non-Optimus systems.

That's ok. Took me a while to get the graphics card in my pc to work properly after they introduced Nouveau, so I knew where to look. Hybrid graphics is not the only issue with graphics cards since ubuntu 10.10.

dagdag
Christine

The next version will contains the below commands to fix these paths:

    for arch in x86_64-linux-gnu i386-linux-gnu; do
update-alternatives --force --auto ${arch}_gl_conf 2>/dev/null || true
    done

    # versions before Oneiric without multiarch
    update-alternatives --force --auto gl_conf 2>/dev/null || true

Regards,
Peter