Nvidia GeForce 410M on Sony Vaio VPCEH25EN, running Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS

Hi all,

Just wanted to know if I can get this Nvidia card to work on Linux/Ubuntu, on my laptop. Preferably, I'd like to disable the Nvidia card, and use the integrated Intel graphics, but I'm not even sure I have/am able to access the integrated graphics.

The output of:
# lspci -vnn | grep '\''[030[02]\]'

is as follows:
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: nVidia Corporation Device [10de:1055] (rev a1)

I have no option to enable/disable any display controller in the BIOS or as a hardware switch.

After a fresh install of 10.04, I see that the nouveau module is loaded, but the max resolution I get is 800X600 (the native resolution is 1366X768). I earlier tried installing the proprietary Nvidia driver, and I get native resolution, but with many other unwanted effects, like no brightness control, and system freeze on suspends. As I mentioned, I'd ideally want to use only the integrated Intel graphics controller (as I don't need the extra graphics performance, and I want the best battery back-up I can get), but if the integrated chip is not accessible to me, as a second choice, I need to have native resolution with the nVidia controller, along with brightness control, proper suspends, etc. Am I a candidate to install Bumblebee, or what other option(s) would work for me?

Thanks,
akhil520c