1st round of Prime is on track to ship as a part of Quantal's graphics stack?

Per my understanding the decision of X server 1.12 vs 1.13 is undecided.
Assuming 1.13 could ship (meaning AMD does a special Catalyst like they
always do), DRI2 offloading without dynamic switching could be supported
for Intel UXA + Nouveau setups.

In terms of exposure to the user, David Airlied put forth the following
comment [1][2].

"the first implementation will just involve setting an env var, like
DRI_PRIME=1, then I'm hopefully going to add a gnome-shell extension to
make the same possible from a launcher or some sort.

After that people can do what they like ;-)"

X server 1.14 should have dynamic switching and my assumption is that
13.04 will ship with it, but the opportunity exists to have some level
of hybrid graphics support for 12.10.

However, the plans to ship Intel SNA kinda interferes with this since
Prime is UXA-only at the moment [3]. I have no idea if SNA Prime is even
feasible for 13.04.

If SNA is not deemed ready for 12.10 due to bugs or a perceived
immaturity, UXA Prime will ship (assuming 1.13).

- Eric

[1] http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-devel/2012-June/031519.html
[2]
http://phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?71422-DRI2-Offload-Slaves-Output-Slaves-For-September&p=267147#post267147