igotu2gpx team mailing list archive

[Question #197743]: More detail needed on CSV output from the i-gotU GT 600

New question #197743 on igotu2gpx:
https://answers.launchpad.net/igotu2gpx/+question/197743

Hi,
I need to know what the "Essential" data field in the CSV output provided by the i-gotU GT 600 means.  The values are either a 1 or a 0 and 1 apparently means that the point has been "optimized". I believe it is the only fix quality parameter provided by the output and I want to know what data goes into determining if the point is optimized.

Ideally, I would like to get NMEA data from the unit to get better fix quality on the points. I was hoping to get HDOP, PDOP and number of satellites used to get the "fix". Does anyone know how to obtain this type of data from the unit?

Thanks! Rachel

MobileAction i-gotU USB GPS travel logger Mac/Linux developers, which is
an answer contact for igotu2gpx.