instant team mailing list archive

Re: Lock files

The modulename is intended for placing the module outside the cache
in a fixed directory. So the lock file should then be placed somewhere else,
since we don't know if the user can access the cache directory.
Either we don't need lock files for manually specified module directories,
or it should be placed locally, i.e. in pwd.
I don't sse a situation where one would need locking outside the cache, so I suggest we 1) disable locking files for modulename != None. Alternatively, we 2) place the lock file in the cwd just as the module directory.

Any objections against 1)?

ilmar