inx-devel team mailing list archive

Re: Hardy-INX

On Fri, 06 Jun 2008 17:31:28 +1000
Andre Mangan <andrem@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> First impressions of the latest Hardy-INX, RAM loaded.
>
> 1.  From menu entry 9 (yes, I am just a kid at heart and always go for
> the fun stuff first) activating ANY key will return you to the main
> menu.

 I will be looking at this today. David Symons has also found an
"interesting" bug in the usb/sshfs menus that needs attention.

> 2.  Radio - Otto always comes to the party - gdonya Otto.  7 is very
> slow to respond.

Yes, the rtsp ( Real Media ) links seem to use a large cache or
something - they take a *long* time to start playing. The mms and mp3
or ogg links are faster to start. I'm not really sure how this works to
be honest...

> 3.  r: reboot should be on a new line.

That might be nice - but there is a space issue here. If you have
several file systems mounted you run out of lines unless some options
are side by side.

> 4.  Disc tray still comes out when "initiating shut-down sequence" even
> if running on RAM.

Yes. No idea how to change that at the moment :) It's built in to the
Ubuntu code somewhere. I'm not going to mess around with that at this
stage.

> #5. Very good work - I look forward to testing this further.
>
> Suggestion:  Perhaps it is time to append a version number to the
> releases of INX to ensure that the latest edition is being downloaded.

Well, I think probably fairly soon we can make it something like
"INX-2-RC-1" , but there's a shortage of testing. It *seems* to be
mostly OK, but I'm not seeing a lot of feedback from team members, with
a few exceptions ;-)

(Hint, hint to some others... Thanks for the report, Andre!)

--
Peter Garrett <inx-one@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>