inx-devel team mailing list archive

Re: Hardy-INX

Clock: 12-hour format I prefer - as to having the clock on display by
default, I would prefer to leave it as it is because it provides an
instance of user participation and adds a little to a developing sense
of achievement for the novice Linux user.

RAM: My tests were on 2 GB RAM - since Dan reports excellent
functionality with 512 MB RAM, I feel absolved from paring my RAM down
for this exercise.

Editors: It depends on what one is familiar with.  Assuming a user that
has no experience with editors and is therefore unfamiliar with yet
another set of commands, nano would fit the bill nicely, since it has
all necessary commands at the foot of its display.  Jed also has its
menu displayed and instructions on how to access it.  Generally it is a
matter of preference - I never use vim.