inx-devel team mailing list archive

Documentation etc. and recent happenings...

Hello,

I am starting to make some docs for those who might become interested
in helping with INX development. So far all I've done is an incomplete
overview, which is not yet "linked" on the site but is viewable at

http://inx.maincontent.net/doc/doc.html

It is really just a beginning, "off the top of my head"...

So...

Suggestions as to what should be included in a better and more complete
version of the "docs" would be appreciated.

Second:

Thanks to Fiona Mangan for the artwork of an INX disc label!
You can view it at

http://inx.maincontent.net/download.html

Third:

Some of you participated in the "test" run of the Bittorrent tracker.
It sort of fell over, for a variety of reasons. First, I was originally
using Azureus, then attempted to change to "bttrack" so that I could
run the tracker on my secondary box in GNU screen. This failed. While I
*think*  that I used the right syntax etc., several attempts to make
bttrack do its thing went unrewarded.

After a certain amount of hair pulling, interspersed with colourful
language concerning both Java and the latest Ubuntu versions of Azureus,
I installed the most recent upstream version from Sourceforge
(Azureus is now known as "Vuze", and is a shock on first meeting)

The new interface is... insulting, so I reinstated the so-called
"Classic" interface, and set it up on the "secondary" machine to run
with "tightvnc" on display :1 . Thus I can view it or connect to it
without needing to run, for example, Gnome as a logged in user on
that box. This seems to have "worked"... I also have the html web ui
running.

*Cough* ... I live in hope...

Can any of you reach

http://interlink.dynalias.org:60003/            ?

You should see the Azureus tracker web interface. In theory clicking on
the file name should get you a .torrent file. I am the only seed...

Obviously, delete or move any existing INX .torrent files before
attempting to join the... umm...  "swarm", since the port number and
hash are not the same as before. Don't bother re-downloading the
complete iso - just please report whether the tracker is working, then
stop your torrent (assuming that it starts of course).

If this is actually working, we possibly have a basis for running the
torrent for a wider audience...

Reactions, results and suggestions, please :)

--
Peter Garrett <inx-one@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>