inx-devel team mailing list archive

Re: [Inx] Release Candidate 1 (INX)

On Wed, 9 Jul 2008 20:59:40 +1000
"David Symons" <david.symons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I downloaded using Transmission on Hardy between 19:37 and 20:38 (AEST).
>
> On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 7:12 PM, Peter Garrett <inx-one@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Please report whether it "works"
> >
> > * Downloads OK? Report speeds if possible...
>
> Yes.  ~51 KiB/s

OK - several people are on 512 Kbit connections and reported the same
speeds. Shelagh and I both saw speeds above 100, which suggests that at
one stage a bit of useful seeding was happening, though.

> > * While/when the download completes, do you see any seeding (upload)
> > activity?
>
> No.  Probably my firewall settings.  /nick bimberleech ;-)

:-) The "swarm" never went above 3 peers. There are still 5 seeds
waiting for someone to connect though...

Oh, just noticed that the tracker reports another 2 completed downloads
- now 9 - we are almost into double figures!!   (add !!! to taste)

> > * Does the tracker send error messages (for example, claiming your data
> > port is unreachable) ?
>
> Yes:
> 19:40:03 Tracker: Warning - Unable to connect to your incoming data
> port (<my ISP ip>:51413). This will result in slow downloads. Please
> check your firewall/router settings

Firewall settings... port-forwarding... actually an error message that
tells you the likely problem. The sky is definitely falling...

--
Peter Garrett <inx-one@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>