inx-devel team mailing list archive

Re: [Branch ~inx-devel/inx/buildinx] Rev 27: Added a .ceni_workaround marker file to avoid re-downloads etc.

On Sun, 2008-09-21 at 20:02 +1000, Peter Garrett wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 11:04:07 +0930
> Karl Goetz <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Couldnt this be better handled with something like
> >
> > if ! [ $(chroot ./chroot dpkg -l |grep -c ceni) == 1 ]
> >
> > kk
>
> Probably yes - at 4 or so in the morning my brain was turning to
> jelly ;)

I did notice the checkin time ;)

> However, since David has uploaded a package to the ppa, most of this has
> disappeared from the script anyway.
>
> Thanks, David !
>
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~inx-devel/inx/buildinx/changes
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~inx-devel/inx/scriptsandfunctions/revision/120

Spotted that - its always nice to have *less* code.

> > PS. was it ever decided to split user/dev list?
> > kk
>
> Not formally, but I think the time has come to do so. Thoughts?

I'm fine with this - we should probably make sure both list descriptions
make that clear and link to each other. (my only worry is splitting a
small community ...).
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)