inx-devel team mailing list archive

Re: update-inx

On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 14:59:14 +1000
David Symons <david.symons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I tried update-inx on a Live-CD session (yeah, silly, I know) and that
> worked fine too.

Hi David, all ...

Late reply, but no, it isn't really silly to run update-inx in a live
CD session as long as you only do (1) and don't go for the apt-get
upgrade in
(2) ;-)

Unless you have buckets of RAM of course...

Actually one of the things that really needs fixing in update-inx is
the fact that I was thinking "single user" / "inx-live" and somehow my
brain totally failed to factor in what happens (or rather what
*doesn't* happen) if there are multiple users (hard drive installs,
virtual machines perhaps and so on).

I will return to this in due course. Currently, as you will see in my
"Work in Progress" post, I am making an installer that uses a two-stage
approach involving a CLI install of Ubuntu 8.04. It's pretty early, but
a test install in VBox worked fine. See my other post...

Peter
--
"INX Is Not X" Live CD based on Ubuntu 8.04 : http://inx.maincontent.net