ius-community team mailing list archive

python26 is now End Of Life [moved to EPEL]

Hello all,

Because the python26 package has been added to EPEL 5, and because IUS relies on EPEL for dependencies, we have EOL'd python26 from our repositories.  As the EPEL version is newer, all boxes 'auto updating' should already be running the EPEL version without any issues.  Additionally, we will be working with the EPEL maintainers of all of the python26-xxxxx sub-packages to get the packages maintained in EPEL along with the python26 base package.  That said, if the maintainers do not wish to maintain the packages we will in order to move them from IUS to EPEL.

That said, anyone interested in supporting these efforts are welcome to take the IUS python26-xxxxx packages and 'fix them up' for Fedora EPEL and become the maintainer in the Fedora community.  Please let us know if anyone would like more info on that.  You can send an email to this list, or ius-coredev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

As always, thank you using and supporting the IUS Community Project.