ius-community team mailing list archive

Re: php53u-pecl-imagick dependency errors

Hi, Jeff. Thank you for the quick, helpful reply.

> Can you check and see if you have ImageMagick installed on your system:
> rpm -q ImageMagick

ImageMagick-6.6.3-9

> If it is can you provide us with the full informational output of the package:
> rpm -qi ImageMagick

Name        : ImageMagick                  Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 6.6.3                             Vendor: (none)
Release     : 9                             Build Date: Sun 22 Aug
2010 05:18:47 PM EDT
Install Date: Tue 24 Aug 2010 11:59:13 AM EDT      Build Host:
eslv14.es.dupont.com
Group       : Applications/Multimedia       Source RPM:
ImageMagick-6.6.3-9.src.rpm
Size        : 6989999                          License:
http://www.imagemagick.org/script/license.php
Signature   : (none)
URL         : http://www.imagemagick.org/
Summary     : An X application for displaying and manipulating images.
Description :
ImageMagick(TM) is an image display and manipulation tool for the X
Window System. ImageMagick can read and write JPEG, TIFF, PNM, GIF,
and Photo CD image formats. It can resize, rotate, sharpen, color
reduce, or add special effects to an image, and when finished you can
either save the completed work in the original format or a different
one. ImageMagick also includes command line programs for creating
animated or transparent .gifs, creating composite images, creating
thumbnail images, and more.
ImageMagick is one of your choices if you need a program to manipulate
and dis play images. If you want to develop your own applications
which use ImageMagick code or APIs, you need to install
ImageMagick-devel as well.

If I had to take a guess at the problem, I would guess that the IUS
imagick package is looking for an older version of ImageMagick. I am
not using the stock RHEL ImageMagick but instead a newer version
installed from ftp://ftp.imagemagick.org/pub/ImageMagick/linux/CentOS/x86_64/ImageMagick-6.6.3-9.x86_64.rpm
 -  just a guess though.

Thanks!

Nick