ius-community team mailing list archive

Change coming to the PHP APC package

Hello everyone,

I wanted to inform the community regarding a change to the PHP APC package which will be pushed out soon (this includes both php52-pecl-apc and php53u-pecl-apc).

It has been confirmed APC would throw a "Unable to allocate memory for pool." error when the APC cache's memory was exhausted and no objects in the cache reached the TTL (time to live).

Our original configuration set the cache size to 32M and TTL to 2 hours, this may have worked for many configurations but some noticed the error listed above. To resolve these issues we allow APC to default its configuration by leaving all major settings in the apc.ini commented out:

You can read up on this issue on the Launchpad bug:

  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ius/+bug/696742

---
Jeffrey Ness
Linux System Engineer