ius-community team mailing list archive

Re: what would it take to get php53u-mysql51 (and friends) created?

I believe the mysqlclient15 (for rhel 5) and mysqlclient16 (for rhel 6) packages already take care of keeping the older shared libraries in place for anything that is linked against mysql. I've yet to encounter a situation where I needed to recompile the phpX-mysql packages against the newer libraries.

I've used both the php54-mysql and php53u-mysql packages with both the mysql51 and mysql55 packages without any issue.

While I can't speak for the package maintainers, my guess is there's a very specific technical reason why those multiple pgsql packages exist.

I know this isn't the answer you were looking for, but I hope it helps.

-Josh