ius-community team mailing list archive

Re: replace plugin picking wrong package?

On 01/24/2013 04:46 PM, Joe Pruett wrote:
On 01/24/2013 02:33 PM, Ben Harper wrote:
On 01/24/2013 12:43 PM, Joe Pruett wrote:
On 01/24/2013 10:40 AM, Jeffrey Ness wrote:
Joe,

I'm glad to hear you got this resolved. I'll have a look in to what
may of caused this and try to reproduce.

i'll probably be doing this on a lot of machines over the next month, so
i can try other options if you come up with them.

Hello Joe,

I have been looking into recreating this issue.  I spun up a fresh
CentOS 5.9 x86_64 server and enabled EPEL/IUS repos.  Then proceeded
to install php52-pgsql and all of its dependencies.  Next I was able
to perform the following:

<SNIP>

This test does not have the exact same packages that you were using
and thus I had to take a more generalized approach.  We will need the
following information to dig any deeper:

    # yum repolist

    # yum info postgresql-libs
just to make sure that things are clear, here is what lead to this state:

1. install centos 5
2. install rpms based on rhwas (php 5.2 being the main thing), these are
from a locally built repo called webstack
3. setup ius repo
4. successfully use yum replace to go from php 5.2 to php53u.
5. realize there are other things from my webstack repo that i want to
rollback to, so i use yum downgrade or yum replace
6. get stuck with the postgresqlclient81 to postgresql-libs yum replace

i looked at the various requires/provides bits i could think of and it
seemed like it should all work, but it just kept choosing the i386 version.

i got around this by tweaking my base repo to exclude the i386 rpm and
that made things work, so i don't have a machine right this second to
test on, but i have other systems that i'll be doing the same conversion
on, so when i get to that, if the same problems occurs, i'll get more info.