ius-community team mailing list archive

Re: MySQL 5.6.x version in IUS Repos

On 06/11/2013 11:42 AM, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 10:11 PM, Ben Harper <ben.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:ben.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On 06/07/2013 08:15 PM, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:

    On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 9:02 PM, Ben Harper
    <ben.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:ben.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

        On 06/05/2013 10:14 PM, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:

        On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 8:45 PM, Ben Harper
        <ben.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:ben.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
        wrote:

            On 06/04/2013 10:07 PM, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
            Hi,

            Any plans to introduce MySQL 5.6.x version in IUS Repos
            under applications/databases?

            Regards,

            Kaushal

            Hello Kaushal,

            Thanks for taking the time to contact IUS regarding this
            request. From what we have heard MySQL 5.6 is not quite
            ready for production.  We do have a version in the
            development repos.  Please see the following bug
            regarding MySQL56:

            https://bugs.launchpad.net/ius/+bug/1117674

            Ben Harper
            OS Deployment Services, RPMDEV
            Rackspace Hosting & IUS Community

        Thanks Ben. I have checked with MySQL Community about 5.6.x
        and it is production ready stable version. Please comment

        Regards

        Kuashal

        Hey Kuashal,

        I double checked with our trusted DBAs and their concerns
        with MySQL 5.6 have mostly have been addressed with the
        5.6.12 release.  We will start looking into getting mysql56
        is a state where it can get released within our stable repo.

        Ben Harper
        OS Deployment Services, RPMDEV
        Rackspace Hosting & IUS Community

    Thanks Ben for the reply. Any dates planned to have MySQL DB
    5.6.x available in IUS repos?

    Regards

    Kaushal

    Hello Kaushal,

    We do not have any dates for when mysql56 will hit the stable
    repos.  For new packages, we like to have some feedback from the
community before releasing a new package into the stable repos. Would you be willing to test mysql56 along with our trusted DBAs
    once a package is ready for testing?

    Ben Harper
    OS Deployment Services, RPMDEV
    Rackspace Hosting & IUS Community

Hi Ben

Thanks for the reply. sure will go ahead in testing mysql56. Please let me know how do i go about.

Regards,

Kaushal

Kaushal,

Just following the bug report. Any and all updates about this package will be made there.