ius-community team mailing list archive

New git2u packages and information about upgrades

Greetings,

We recently EOL'd our git18 pacakges[0] and initially it was not clear if we were going to continue packaging git. With limited resources, we want to make sure our time is used on packages that are actually being used. With a public mirror system that can be tricky to get good usage numbers. We got several questions about new git packages and finally someone created a wish list bug[1]

The git2u packages will be hitting the stable repos starting tomorrow. If you using git18 packages and want to use the git2u packages, the git18 packages will either need to be removed or replaced using yum replace or the yum-plugin-replace.

Thanks,
Ben and the rest of the IUS covedev team

[0] https://lists.launchpad.net/ius-community/msg01187.html
[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ius/+bug/1392765