ius-community team mailing list archive

git2u-hg (mercurial) subpackage

Howdy IUS community,

We recently created the git2u package, including the git2u-hg subpackage.  However, we later discovered that it requires at least mercurial 1.8; el6 only has version 1.4.  I see two possible ways to proceed.

1. only create the git2u-hg subpackage for el7+
2. create a new IUS package for 'mercurial >= 1.8' to meet the dependency

I wanted to reach out to the community to gauge the interest in this subpackage.  If there is a demand, we will investigate option 2.  Personally, I've never heard of anyone using git to interface with a mercurial repository, but it never hurts to ask.  I have already created a new build (git2u-2.2.0-2.ius) that implements option 1.  If we receive no feedback, we will just proceed with that build.