ius-community team mailing list archive

segfault issues with mysql55 5.5.41 and mysql56u 5.6.22

Greetings,

Yesterday, we pushed mysql55 5.5.41[0] and mysql56u 5.6.22[1] packages into the stable repos. Soon after this, we got reports that mysql would segfault when starting under certain conditions. The RPMs from Oracle are also effected. Seeing that a fix is not immediately available and it is already effecting a fair amount of servers, we have decided to remove the effected versions from the stable repos and replace them with the previous release. We made this decision only after consulting with our group of trusted DBAs and after much debate.

See Oracle's bug[3] for more information about the bug.

-Ben and the rest of the IUS covedev team

[0] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ius/+bug/1397306
[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ius/+bug/1398199
[2] http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=75245