ius-community team mailing list archive

converting httpd24u dependencies to parallel packages

It was brought to our attention that using the new IUS httpd24u package prevents you from installing subversion.  This is because the dependent packages apr15u and apr15u-util were created as replacement packages.  We decided that it would be best to rebuild apr15u and apr15u-util as parallel installable packages.  This also meant rebuilding httpd24u against the new library names.

https://github.com/iuscommunity-pkg/apr15u/issues/1
https://github.com/iuscommunity-pkg/apr15u-util/issues/1
https://github.com/iuscommunity-pkg/httpd24u/issues/1

This has been completed, and the resulting packages will added to our testing repos tonight.  As always, we would appreciate any testing that the community can perform.  The upgrade should be seamless, and the linked dependencies should prevent mixing and matching the old packages with new ones.

Carl George
Rackspace GNU/Linux Engineer