From: Ius-community <ius-community-bounces+carl.george=rackspace.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Jakov Sosic <jsosic@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, July 27, 2015 07:12 PM
To: ius-community@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Ius-community] php56u-pecl-memcache coredumps httpd

On 07/27/2015 07:51 PM, Ben Harper wrote:
> Hey Jakov,
>
> Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us about this issue.  Can we
> assume this code and configuration worked with php55u with
> php55u-pecl-memcache?  Also can we assume the code works without the
> memcache module?  Have you tried the memcached module?

Actually, everything worked/works perfectly with php54. I didn't try
php55u, but I can spin up env and try it if you want?

That would buy me some time, but I wanted to avoid double upgrade (php54
-> php55u -> php56u) cause each upgrade brings it's own rollout plan and
testing phases.

I'll try php55u tomorrow and report back.

> With these types of issues, we need to figure out is this an upstream
> issue with the pecl module itself or an issue with the way the module is
> packaged.  While I am not an expert with the memcache module, I don't
> think this is issue with the way we package memcache.

I don't want to imply that packaging is the culprit for this issue, at
contrary - I'm posting at this mailing list because you guys seem to
know what you're doing and was hoping to get some insight into what may
I try as a remedy.

> Looking over the output, I do see you are running an older version of
> PHP.  Have you tried with php56u-5.6.11?

I'm actually rebuilding IUS php to link it agains httpd24u, and I
haven't rebuild 5.6.11 yet. But, since I have this issue from the first
time I noticed php56u in your repos (around 5.6.3 I think), and upgrades
to 5.6.9 didn't help, I got impression this is purely pecl-memcache vs
5.6 branch related issue, and not something that will get fixed in minor
versions.

Now, as a side remark - I did notice some issues with httpd24u when
building php against it: /usr/bin/apxs didn't parse libdir correctly. I
can open a thread with info about that if you want (I think this may be
a bug on a packaging side though).

> Looking over bugs for the memache module[0], I don't see anything that
> jumps out at me.  There are a few bugs that mention memcache_pool.c[1],
> but I am not sure if any of those are related.  It might be worth
> looking through those bugs.
>
> -Ben
>

> [0]
> https://bugs.php.net/search.php?cmd=display&status=Open&package_name[]=memcache
>
> [1]
> https://bugs.php.net/search.php?cmd=display&search_for=memcache_pool.c&x=0&y=0

Thank you Ben for answering, I'll skim through the bugs.