ius-community team mailing list archive

new mysql57u and mariadb101u packages

Greetings,

New mysql57u and mariadb101u packages will be hitting the testing repositories after tonight's automation run.

It is important to note, the configuration files for mysql57u are different than previous IUS mysql packages. We are following the way Fedora's community-mysql and EL 7's mariadb configuration files are laid out. The /etc/my.cnf file is very minimal with most of the configuration is located within /etc/my.cnf.d/. Also in the past, we provided fancy my.cnf files (courtesy of Rackspace DBAs), as upstream had poor defaults. Now upstream is taking defaults seriously, we will be dropping those fancy configuration files to align with upstream. See the GitHub issue[0], for additional information.

Given these changes, extra attention may be needed when preparing to upgrade to mysql57u.

Thanks,
Ben and the rest of the IUS covedev team

[0]: https://github.com/iuscommunity/wishlist/issues/35