ius-coredev team mailing list archive

[Question #184328]: Using --replacewith

New question #184328 on IUS Community Project:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ius/+question/184328

Ok, I have a known problem with my yum so I have to disable excludes which is fine.
I want to update php53.

So I installed the replacewith plugin

# yum install --disableexcludes=all yum-plugin-replace
Setting up Install Process
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package yum-plugin-replace.noarch 0:0.2.4-3.el5 set to be updated
--> Finished Dependency Resolution

Dependencies Resolved

====================================================================================================================================================================
 Package                                        Arch                               Version                                    Repository                       Size
====================================================================================================================================================================
Installing:
 yum-plugin-replace                             noarch                             0.2.4-3.el5                                ius                              16 k

Transaction Summary
====================================================================================================================================================================
Install       1 Package(s)
Upgrade       0 Package(s)

Total size: 16 k
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Downloading Packages:
Running rpm_check_debug
Running Transaction Test
Finished Transaction Test
Transaction Test Succeeded
Running Transaction
  Installing     : yum-plugin-replace                                                                                                                           1/1

Installed:
  yum-plugin-replace.noarch 0:0.2.4-3.el5

Complete!
#

Now I want to us php53u to update php

# yum replace --disableexcludes=all php --replace-with php53u
usage: yum [options] COMMAND

List of Commands:

check-update   Check for available package updates
clean          Remove cached data
deplist        List a package's dependencies
downgrade      downgrade a package
erase          Remove a package or packages from your system
groupinfo      Display details about a package group
groupinstall   Install the packages in a group on your system
grouplist      List available package groups
groupremove    Remove the packages in a group from your system
help           Display a helpful usage message
info           Display details about a package or group of packages
install        Install a package or packages on your system
list           List a package or groups of packages
localinstall   Install a local RPM
makecache      Generate the metadata cache
provides       Find what package provides the given value
reinstall      reinstall a package
repolist       Display the configured software repositories
resolvedep     Determine which package provides the given dependency
search         Search package details for the given string
shell          Run an interactive yum shell
update         Update a package or packages on your system
upgrade        Update packages taking obsoletes into account

Command line error: no such option: --replace-with
#

I was going to try the manual method as described at :
http://iuscommunity.org/Doc/ClientUsageGuide/UpgradingTheOldWay

but I wanted to try the replacewith option since it seems much cleaner

I am trying to follow this doc to update php and then mysql:

http://iuscommunity.org/Docs/ClientUsageGuide

I feel like I'm very close but not quite there.

Any help would be appreciated.

Alan

--
You received this question notification because you are a member of IUS
Core Development, which is an answer contact for IUS Community Project.