ius-coredev team mailing list archive

[Question #198817]: Any interest in an apache 2.4 RPM that isn't an upgrade

New question #198817 on IUS Community Project:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ius/+question/198817

Hi all,

So I spent 1 day on my memorial day weekend getting an RPM install of httpd 2.4 building for CentOS 6. I was wondering if you guys had any interest in it? It doesn't follow the IUS norm as it is a /usr/local install (except for the init script stuff).

Basically I decided to treat it as a separate web server instead of an upgrade, much like nginx. This got rid of a ton of problems, including having to maintain my own copies/builds of all the mod_ packages. No mod_php with your php packages but the point of this is to use php-fpm so I don't really see mod_php as necessary.

So my package is called httpd-local - and I did have to make apr-local and apr-util-local packages as well.

I was torn between putting everything in /usr/local or in normal system directories. The only real problem with normal system directories were the binaries - I would have had to put them in subdirectories or renamed every binary (which seemed silly to me).

So let me know if you guys are interested. I'm willing to make a few changes if you are. I debated putting apr and apr-util right into the httpd-local package itself since apache supports building with an included apr but decided on the separate packages. I could have made an APR upgrade package instead of the dual local packages, but I'm not familiar enough with APR to know the risks of upgrading the system APR.

Thanks,

Josh

--
You received this question notification because you are a member of IUS
Core Development, which is an answer contact for IUS Community Project.