← Back to team overview

kernel-packages team mailing list archive

[Bug 1546310] Re: In CAR bluetooth not working


I went through the logs now and found the cause for what you see (no
audio on local or remote side).

We have lock in place which should keep the stream inside pulseaudio up
while we're not really streaming anything through it as this completely
done in software. However in your case the lock doesn't seem to be set
ever. On my side I am getting the following line

Mar  2 08:28:37 ubuntu-phablet pulseaudio[2142]: [pulseaudio] module-
bluez5-device.c: Set bluetooth.hsp.prevent.suspend.transport true (ret

in my syslog however in your case I can't really fine it. This is quite
essential for the audio setup to work properly. Will do some more
investigation to see if I find a reason for this.

** Also affects: pulseaudio (Ubuntu)
   Importance: Undecided
       Status: New

** Changed in: pulseaudio (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Simon Fels (morphis)

** Changed in: pulseaudio (Ubuntu)
       Status: New => Confirmed

** Changed in: pulseaudio (Ubuntu)
   Importance: Undecided => Critical

You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kernel
Packages, which is subscribed to bluez in Ubuntu.

  In CAR bluetooth not working

Status in Canonical System Image:
Status in bluez package in Ubuntu:
Status in pulseaudio package in Ubuntu:

Bug description:
  I have paired my phone with my car as always (connection did work in
  the past). Connection runs as expected and everything like display,
  phone book, ... but this evening I wanted to place a call from my car
  and it did not work. I was then also not able to take a call (I could
  not hear the conterpart and the counterpart could not hear me).

  Since yesterday I am on:

  current build number: 259
  device name: krillin
  channel: ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/bq-aquaris.en
  last update: 2016-02-16 12:09:18
  version version: 259
  version ubuntu: 20160216
  version device: 20160108-efc96d8
  version custom: 20160111-926-36--vivid

  With OTA9 I did not have the issue. I have attached my logs. I have
  enabled the following bug-settings for bluetooth:

  sudo sed -i 's/exec \/usr\/sbin\/bluetoothd/exec
  \/usr\/sbin\/bluetoothd -d/g' /etc/init/bluetooth.conf

  sudo sed -i 's/--start/--start --log-level=debug/g'

  I have modified the line in ofono.override to:

  exec ofonod -P -d provision,udev*,dun*,smart*,hfp_bluez5,stktest,sap

  I hope my reporting helps to trace down this issue.


To manage notifications about this bug go to: