keryx team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #697063]: keryx won't launch in UbuntuStudio 20.04. Access denied.

Question #697063 on Keryx changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/keryx/+question/697063

john sylvanis gave more information on the question:
I downloaded and unzipped keryx_ubuntu_x86.zip on the library computer.
Unzipped, got into Win32 directory and clicked the executable. It came up
with the interface, with Debian and supported
OS, and, or course, I get an error message saying "Please create a project
in the plugin's supported OS". But when I get into Ubuntu and change
directory into Keryx_Ubuntu_x86/source/ and execute keryx.py, nothing
happens. Strange.

On Sat, Jun 12, 2021 at 10:05 AM john sylvanis <
question697063@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Your question #697063 on Keryx changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/keryx/+question/697063

> You gave more information on the question:
> Manfred, did you try keryx yourself and does it work for you, because if
> it does, it's me who is completely uncouth and will have to brush up on my
> Linux knowledge? It turns out that it won't even work in Windows. Sorry for
> being so optimistic. Yes, the interface shows up, but I cannot get through
> to the next step, that is, to set up a project. Keryx always comes up with
> a little window saying "Please set up a project in your offline computer"
> or something like this and it sends me back to the interface. It
> never lets me set up a project. I am on our library's computer (live in a
> low income building) when writing this.
>
> As I understand, Keryx is supposed to download linux packages even through
> windows. My laptop has dual boot to Win7 and 21.04. The laptop is 9 years
> old, but it's still a mean machine, so what's happening is not due to
> slowness, etc. Win7 and Linux are lightning fast because of the 3rd
> generation Intel processor and bus structure. It's a business grade machine
> that I bought on ebay in 2015 for $325 (originally it cost about $2200 when
> it came out in 2012). Anyway, my main issue now is: as I said before,
> there's a package of dependencies on Launchpad.net that should go with
> keryx with all versions. However, I don't know where the components of this
> dependencies package go or may have to be manually placed, and, when I
> unzip the main program (keryx) a window pops up demanding completely
> different dependencies. I am here talking about being in Ubuntu, not
> Windows, which never has any dependencies. Why in Linux the dependency
> issues have never been resolved, that is, why they won't come packaged with
> the main program? Remember, although I am very technical, in this case I am
> a user and I'd be using 21.04 for orchestral music writing. The main
> technical purpose for me is to use paprefs to make 2 sound cards into a
> virtual card, feeding 16 discrete channels into an amplifier. If I don't
> tackle the problem of downloading without installation, I'll have to always
> haul my 50 lb computer (it's in a big steel case for good ventilation,
> otherwise it's just an ordinary machine with two 8 channel sound cards). I
> live on the 13th floor. It doesn't have wi-fi, so I'll need it connected
> through the wired network but am not even sure it'll connect without NFS or
> something similar.
>
> Anyway, sorry for this litany, yours, John, and a big THANK YOU for your
> time and patience. Keryx.py won't work either. I think it's a dependencies'
> issue.
>
> On Thu, Jun 10, 2021 at 11:55 AM Manfred Hampl <
> question697063@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Your question #697063 on Keryx changed:
> > https://answers.launchpad.net/keryx/+question/697063

> > Manfred Hampl requested more information:
> [...]

You received this question notification because your team Keryx
Development Team is an answer contact for Keryx.