Re: Verson Control

--- In kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dmcmicro" <dmcomer@d...> wrote:

> First, please don't take this as crtisism of setting up the development
> group on Yahoo. I'm curious, however, what the decision to use Yahoo
> over SourceForge? Yahoo is good at posting messages, good (as I
> understand it) for limited file sizes, but SourceForge seems to be a
> popular open source development house with source control. Having
> written that, I have never set up a project on SourceForge so I don't
> know what's involved.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave

Dave,

I don't think that this Yahoo group was set up to host the development
files. I think it was set up for a discussion place for Kicad
development.

To host the development files I would suggest SVN over CVS.

http://developer.berlios.de/ is an alternative to Sourceforge and they
do SVN.

Phil Covington