Re: Re: Building on Debian

On Sat, Dec 10, 2005 at 04:29:24AM -0000, Phil Covington wrote:
>I will try it again this weekend and send you the error that I get.

Is there any chance you can write up something in the wiki on setting up
a windows system to build kicad? I tried to get my system setup first
with cygwin and then with mingw/msys without much success.

First off with cygwin, I kept running into different build problems
building wxWidgets. From what I read online it seems like cygwin isn't
supported and it looks like Jean-Pierre uses mingw from the kicad docs.

The setup for mingw/msys is rather badly documented in my opinion. I
did find a good entry in their wiki which allowed me to build wxWidgets,
but didn't get very far beyond that. Setting up python for scons to use
was one issue, and even Jean-Pierre's makefile didn't work so well for
me.

I'll give it another try soon and write up some docs if you don't get to
it, but it may be a few days before I can get around to it.

Bryan