Fwd: Compiling KiCad

For the sake of archiving I am forwarding mail sent directly to Mitch.

B.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Boštjan Jerko <bojerko@...>
Date: Mar 17, 2006 6:52 PM
Subject: Re: Compiling KiCad
To: Mitch Bradley <wmb@...>

What I do is following:

1. Create directory and open wxGTK-2.6.2 in that directory
2. Copy the latest kicad-source to this directory to make wxGTK with
the configuration
provided in kicad-source. I just add --prefix=$HOME/<directory_name>/output
3. make && make install of wxGTK
4. export PATH=$HOME/<directory_name>/output/bin:$PATH
5. make -f makefile.gtk in kicad-source directory

This procedure was succesfully used on mac OSX and Linux on powerPC,
but it fails on i386 machine.
After some searching I got information that it should be issue with
shared library...
don't know which or why ....

B.

--