kicad-developers team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
Simple suggestions for the next release of Pcbnew
Here is a list of some suggested improvements to Pcbnew.
I've tried to restrict myself to helpful items
that look almost trivial to implement.
Any consideration from developers would be greatly appreciated.
* Total track length (not segment length) shall be
displayed in the status bar next to width;
needed for delay matching, differential lines, etc.
* Coordinate fields ih the status bar should be wider;
up to 4 characters are be missing on my computer.
* Cursor coordinates must not change when zooming in or out
(using either keyboard or mouse wheel).
* Execute Redraw at the end of the following commands:
- Clean tracks,
- End track,
- Move/Drag/Delete node/track/block,
* There are two Ratnest controls (a button in the left toolbar,
and a checkbox in "Colors" dialog) which do not act consistently.
Either they shall represent the same setting, and produce
the same result, or they shall be completely independent of each
* With partially routed nets, airwires shall represent missing
sections, and not the entire span, which is next to useless.
* "Track 45 Only" shall also work when editing EXISTING traces.
* At least a limited single-level "Undo" is badly needed.