Re: Re: Two serious bugs in eeschema & pcbnew

Hallo,

durianblengin napsal(a):
<jean-pierre.charras@...> wrote:
True, sorry again. It is difficult to find a good way for selecting
items. Perhaps the best way is to have some button to exclude from
selection levels, and this is already (implicitly) so. Next, choose
the one element found having the smallest bounding box. This scheme
only poses problems when two (or more) elements have exactly the same
bounding box, and this could be solved by having buttons to exclude
from selecting some kind of elements. Still remains the case when you
put two identical items one over another... but this is sick. Other
programs let you use the TAB key to select all the elements one after
each other, but this is inapplicable here. The last resort could be to
have a separate window listing all the clickable elements, showing at
request; but this seems too cumbersome. Given a reasonably mechanism,
one can always drag temporarily away an offending item, do its work,
and put the item back in place.

I think Eagle's way is not bad:
- left click to highlight component
- right click to highlight next component or left click to select highlighted component

No offense. I used Eagle, now I use Kicad (both Windows and Linux versions).

Milan