Re: Checking in broken code

--- In kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "igor_plyatov" <plyatov@...> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> At revision 68 I have the error with pcbnew compilation:
>
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/buzzer/temp/kicad-svn/pcbnew'
> g++ -Wall -O2 `wx-config --cxxflags` -DPCBNEW -fno-strict-aliasing
> -I./ -Ibitmaps -I../include -I../share -I../pcbnew -I../3d-viewer -c
> -o tool_pcb.o tool_pcb.cpp
> tool_pcb.cpp: In member function `void
> WinEDA_PcbFrame::PrepareLayerIndicator()':
> tool_pcb.cpp:165: error: `class WinEDA_Toolbar' has no member named
> `SetToolNormalBitmap'
> make[1]: *** [tool_pcb.o] Error 1

This was happened because in new changes from Jean-Pierre used new
methods from wxWidgets 2.8.x wich doesn't exist in 2.6.x version.

Is it possible to leave kicad be compatible with wxWidgets 2.6.x?

Many Linux distributions have only wxWidgets 2.6 as stable.
Some distributions doesn't have wxWidgets 2.8 at all!

If KiCad will be not compatible with wide range of Linux
distributions, we leave behind the board too many potential
contributors and can kill our community.
--
Igor Plyatov