Locking Modules

I have a board with 420 modules on it, and there are some on the
backside as well. When positioning modules with "move" I often end up
moving modules that I don't want to move, then if you press escape it
aborts the move start.

I don't like this. I have been thinking for a week about possible
remedies:

A) Locking a layer so any modules on it cannot be moved.

B) Any layer which is not visible will be unresponsive to 'M' hotkey
or move.

C) Using the module's "lock" flag to ignore a 'M' or move command.

For the time being I have modified the pcbnew code to implement C).
I will use that for a while and see how friendly this is.

Until then, if there is wide immediate consensus that this is an
enhancement worth keeping, I would check in these changes sooner.

Dick

Follow ups