Re:Path & execution fixes for Mac OS

--0-1822331378-1188187277=:5746 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1

Hello fellow developers,

Since responding to Simon previously, I have closely examined the details w=
ithin the patch file he provided, and made some relatively minor modificati=
ons (predominately of a code-style nature, but with one or two other change=
s as well). And I have since recompiled the source code for Windows (2000 S=
P4) (with no problems that I am currently aware of), and am about to also r=
ecompile it for Linux (Debian 4.0r0).

However ... , I do not own any Mac PC (and I definitely wouldn't consider m=
yself an expert on them), so I am personally unable to compile and test the=
updated source code for Mac PCs as well. So if any of you do own (or other=
wise have access to) a Mac PC, and would thus be able to also check the ass=
ociated source code, I would appreciate it.

I have uploaded a copy of the (updated) patch file to the Files page of thi=
s mailing list, to enable somebody else (if available) to test it on a Mac =
PC, while I continue with compiling and testing it for use with Linux. And =
if anyone else can comment on whether I should / should not / should wait f=
or a while, re subsequently committing the associated changes (after I have=
established that they don't "break" the Linux version), I would also appre=
ciate that.

Regards,
Geoff Harland.

> Hi Simon,
>=20=20
> I can confirm that I was able to download a copy of the patch file which
> you previously uploaded to the sourceforge project page. However I am
> about to retire for the night, so I am not able to commit those changes r=
ight
> now. But I will do so tomorrow (after taking a look at the changes, and
> assuming that none of the other developers have already committed them
> before then).
>=20=20
> Thank you for your efforts to improve KiCad.
>=20=20
> Regards,
> Geoff Harland.
>=20=20
>=20=20
> "llamatronique" wrote:
>=20=20
> > Hi All,
> >=20
> > I've submitted a patch to the sourceforge project page that fixes some
> > path/execution issues for the Mac... is this where I should send them?
> >=20
> > Cheers,
> > Simon.

_____________________________________________________________________=
_______________
 --0-1822331378-1188187277=:5746 Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1

ad><body><div style=3D"font-family:times new roman, new york, times, serif;=
font-size:12pt"><DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, time=
s, serif">
<DIV>Hello fellow developers,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Since responding to Simon previously, I have closely examined the deta=
ils within the patch file he provided, and&nbsp;made some relatively minor =
modifications (predominately of a code-style nature, but with one or two ot=
her changes as well). And I have since recompiled the source code for Windo=
ws (2000 SP4) (with no problems that I am currently aware of), and am about=
to also recompile it for Linux (Debian 4.0r0).</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>However ... , I do not own any Mac PC (and I definitely wouldn't consi=
der myself an expert on them), so I am personally unable to&nbsp;compile an=
d test the updated source code for Mac PCs as well. So if any of you do own=
(or otherwise have access to) a Mac PC, and would thus be able to also che=
ck the associated source code, I would appreciate it.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I have uploaded a copy of the (updated)&nbsp;patch file to the Files p=
age of this mailing list, to enable somebody else (if available) to test it=
on a Mac PC, while I continue with compiling and testing it for use with L=
inux. And if anyone else can comment on whether I should / should not / sho=
uld wait for a while, re&nbsp;subsequently committing the associated change=
s (after I have established that&nbsp;they don't "break" the Linux version)=
, I would also appreciate that.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Regards,</DIV>
<DIV>Geoff Harland.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&gt; Hi Simon,</DIV>
<DIV>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&gt; I&nbsp;can confirm that I&nbsp;was able to download a copy of the=
patch file which</DIV>
<DIV>&gt;&nbsp;you previously uploaded to the sourceforge project page.&nbs=
p;However I am</DIV>
<DIV>&gt;&nbsp;about to retire for the night, so&nbsp;I am not able to comm=
it those changes right</DIV>
<DIV>&gt;&nbsp;now. But I will do so tomorrow (after taking a look at the c=
hanges, and</DIV>
<DIV>&gt; assuming that none of the other developers have already committed=
them</DIV>
<DIV>&gt; before then).</DIV>
<DIV>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&gt; Thank you for your efforts to improve KiCad.</DIV>
<DIV>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&gt; Regards,</DIV>
<DIV>&gt; Geoff Harland.</DIV>
<DIV>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&gt; "llamatronique" wrote:</DIV>
<DIV>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&gt; &gt; Hi All,<BR>&gt; &gt; <BR>&gt; &gt; I've submitted a patch to=
the sourceforge project page that fixes some<BR>&gt; &gt; path/execution i=
ssues for the Mac... is this where I should send them?<BR>&gt; &gt; <BR>&gt=
; &gt; Cheers,<BR>&gt; &gt; Simon.<BR></DIV></DIV></DIV></div><br>
<hr size=3D1>
Feel safe with award winning spam protection on Yahoo!7 Mail. <a href=3D"ht=
tp://au.rd.yahoo.com/mail/taglines/optusnet/spam_protection/*http://mail.ya=
hoo.com.au" target=3D_blank>Find out more</a>.

Follow ups