Re: Re:Path & execution fixes for Mac OS

I am confused about at least one of these changes, and I share your concern that there should be a qualified Mac guy to maintain the MAC stuff. Plus it seems the definition of "MAC" is not stable or defined.

For example, less than 5 days ago I added a patch for a MAC guy and now this guy wants to undo it, see file eeschema/plugins/netlist_form_pads-pcb.cpp. That patch removes precisely what another guy asked me to add.

So they have us going in circles it seems.

We could simply add a svn tree directory under trunk, called pending_patches, and put stuff there until somebody can go through them. This patch effects so many files that one could argue that it should be split into separate patches.

If we go the pending_patches route, you would have to invent a consistent file extension name for these patches. Give it some thought. Frankly I would not expect much more feedback than what you are getting from me.

Frankly I don't care about the MAC specific patches, but I get nervous about the part of this huge patch file that does effect the linux and windows platforms, so maybe a patch split on that basis would give somebody that is a MAC builder the ability to apply a clean MAC specific patch at any time in the future, providing it is maintained in the trunk/pending_patches directory in the repository. The part of the patch effecting everyone could be scrutinized now.

This strategy keeps us from running in circles.

Dick

Hello fellow developers,

Since responding to Simon previously, I have closely examined the details within the patch file he provided, and made some relatively minor modifications (predominately of a code-style nature, but with one or two other changes as well). And I have since recompiled the source code for Windows (2000 SP4) (with no problems that I am currently aware of), and am about to also recompile it for Linux (Debian 4.0r0).

However ... , I do not own any Mac PC (and I definitely wouldn't consider myself an expert on them), so I am personally unable to compile and test the updated source code for Mac PCs as well. So if any of you do own (or otherwise have access to) a Mac PC, and would thus be able to also check the associated source code, I would appreciate it.

I have uploaded a copy of the (updated) patch file to the Files page of this mailing list, to enable somebody else (if available) to test it on a Mac PC, while I continue with compiling and testing it for use with Linux. And if anyone else can comment on whether I should / should not / should wait for a while, re subsequently committing the associated changes (after I have established that they don't "break" the Linux version), I would also appreciate that.

Regards,
Geoff Harland.

Feel safe with award winning spam protection on Yahoo!7 Mail. Find out more <http://au.rd.yahoo.com/mail/taglines/optusnet/spam_protection/*http://mail.yahoo.com.au>.

--
Best Regards,

Dick

*** If he runs, I will be supporting Tom Tancredo for President in 2008. ***
http://tancredo.house.gov/
http://www.teamtancredo.com/
http://tancredo4prez.blogspot.com/