Re: Wiki has been vandalized

Dick H. wrote:
It looks like somebody vandalized and erased some pages from the Wiki,
and the URL of the offender seems visible here:
http://kicad.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Special:Recentchanges

1) That's not an URL, it's an IP address.
2) It appears only the main page got nuked
3) I've reverted the damage (basically you do a View Page History on the affected page, click the date of the most recent non-vandalised page, hit Edit, then save with an appropriate comment, e.g. "reverted vandalism") 4) If I was the wiki admin I'd be sorely tempted to ban that IP address. But I'm not, so I won't. :)
5) Perhaps it's time to set the Wiki to "disable anonymous edits"?

Nice thing about Mediawiki is that it keeps everything. Reverting vandalism isn't difficult at all...

--
Phil. | (\_/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny
ygroups@... | (='.'=) into your signature to help him gain